CHOCOLATE SOFT BUNS (A KEEPER)
source from : mamafami.blogspot.com
480 gm high protein flour
50 gm milk powder
20 gm cocoa powder
250 ml chilled water
1/2 tsp coffee emulco
11 gm instant yeast (Mauripan)
140 gm castor sugar
100 gm margarine (I use Planta)
Topping : sliced almonds, chocolate chips, butterscoth chips
1. Grease 4 baking tins (6 inch tins) thoroughly with shortening or margarine. Keep aside.
2. Place all ingredients for dough except margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Fasten the dough hook onto the mixer and start kneading.
4. Once the ingredients have just combined, add in the margarine. Knead till a soft, elastic and shiny dough is formed.
5. Remove from the bowl and rest the dough for about 10 minutes or until it rise double in size.
6. Punch and divide the dough into a 30 gm balls. Shape it nicely and arrange in the prepared tins.
7. Cover the tins and leave the dough to rise until almost double in size again.
8. Mix a bit of milk powder with a bit of water and brush lighly on top of the dough. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, chocolate chips and butterscoth chips.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170'C for 15 to 20 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and onto a wire rack to cool.