BUAH MELAKA @ ONDE-ONDE
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Monday, December 30, 2013
SIMPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
Adapted : The Italian Kitchen through FB
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups Hershey's Cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Greased and lined a 9 x 13 inch round or square baking pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Beat for 2 minutes on medium.
3. Stir in the boiling water.
4. Pour into the prepared pan.
5. Scatter the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
6. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until done.
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
PANDAN DUMPLINGS (Tangyuan)
Adapted : Christine's recipe/FB
tried by : zaralovebaking
120 gm glutinous rice flour
110 ml water
7 pandan leaves, fresh or frozen (cut into small pieces)
25 gm roasted peanuts, roughly crushed
25 gm palm sugar, roughly chopped
some red bean paste (optional)
2 1/2 cups water
60 gm rock sugar
4 - 5 slices ginger
1. Cut the pandan leaves and process them in a food processor to get the juice.
2. Mix the glutinous rice flour with pandan juice and knead it into a smooth dough and not sticky to the hands. (Remark : add some water to adjust it it's too dry; on the contrary, sprinkle some flour if you found it's too wet).
3. Divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball, flatten into a disc, place a heaped teaspoon of peanuts and palm sugar or red bean paste in the middle of the dough. Fold and seal the fillings inside. Repeat with the remaining dough and fillings until done.
4. Prepare syrup : Place water, rock sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add more sugar to taste it needed.
5. In the meantime, prepare another large pot of boiling water. Carefully drop the dumplings into it. As soon as the dumplings float to the surface, drain and transfer them into the syrup. Simmer for about 5 minutes over low heat. Serve with syrup in a bowl immediately.
Monday, December 23, 2013
CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Adapted from : rasa malaysia/FB
tested by : zaralovebaking (delicious & crunchy - a must keeper)
250 gm butter
120 gm fine sugar + 100 gm brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
320 gm all purpose flour
80 gm cornflour or cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
100 gm almond nibs
250 gm chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 200'C or 375'F.
Combine flour, cornstarch and baking soda in a bowl. In another bowl beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and beat well. Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Stir in cocoa powder, chocolate chips and almond nibs. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
BUTTER LEMON CHEDDAR CHEESECAKE
Sumber : mybakingworkshop
Bahan A :
250 gm butter
230 gm gula kastor
Bahan B :
4 biji telur 'B'
3 tbsp Sunquick Lemon (tambahan)
Bahan C :
80 gm parutan cheddar cheese
Bahan D :
100 ml susu segar
280 gm tepung superfine/gandum )
1 tsp baking powder ) diayak bersama
Bahan E :
100 gm parutan cheese
20 gm chocolate rice/chips
1. Panaskan oven pada suhu 180'C. Sediakan loyang bersaiz 9 inci bulat/persegi, digris dan dialas dengan kertas minyak. Ketepikan dulu.
2. Pukul bahan A hingga berkrim. Masukkan bahan B satu demi satu diikuti dengan Sunquick Lemon. Pukul hingga sebati.
3. Masukkan bahan C, gaul sebati diikuti dengan bahan D dan gaul sekadar sebati saja.
4. Tuangkan adunan ke dalam loyang, taburkan dengan bahan E di atasnya. Bakar selama 45 minit atau hingga masak sepenuhnya.