Wednesday, March 8, 2017
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE...
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
adapted from : Laurainthekitchen@Laura Vitale; (moist & delicious)...
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature (113 gm)
4 ripe bananas, lightly mashed (cavendish banana)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs (I use grade A)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat your oven to 350'F/177'C. Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a large bowl, toss the blueberries with about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture, set them aside as well.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and orange zest and whisk to combine. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix in while adding in the milk, mix until you have a smooth batter. Add in the blueberry mixture and mix it together long enough to incorporate everything but making sure the blueberries don't burst.
5. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour or until fully cooked through. Allow it to cool before serving...