Friday, March 17, 2017
BLUEBERRY CHIFFON CAKE...
BLUEBERRY CHIFFON CAKE
adapted from : anncoojournal.com...
5 egg yolks (whole egg 70 gm each - grade A) (I use grade B as I don't have grade A)
25 gm caster sugar
40 ml corn oil
100 gm fresh or frozen blueberries , puree
100 gm plain flour OR cake flour , sifted
lemon zest from 1 lemon
5 egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice
40 gm caster sugar
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar with a hand whisk until slight pale. Add oil, mix well followed by blueberry puree and combine well.
2. Sift the flour for the second time directly into the yolk mixture together with the lemon zest. Stir as you add till smooth and egg mixtures turns into thick paste. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile make the meringue : Beat egg whites and lemon juice until frothy. Add sugar (40 gm) in 2 batches and whisk until stiff peak and glossy - looked.
4. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into the yolk mixture with a rubber spatula. Then pour in the remaining egg whites in 2 separate rounds, each gently fold before adding the next until just combined.
5. Pour batter into a 20cm/8 inch ungreased chiffon tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 160'C for 10 minutes. Then lower temperature to 150'C and bake for another 40 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, invert cake immediately on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding...