Sunday, April 2, 2017
adapted from : homecookingadventure...
3/4 cup dark chocolate , for melting (90 gm)
3/4 cup dark chocolate , chopped (90 gm)
3/4 cup butter (170 gm)
1 tsp instant espresso powder (I use instant coffee powder)
1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
1 cup granulated white sugar (200 gm)
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs (I use grade A)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour (95 gm)
1. Preheat oven to 350'F/180'C. Butter the sides and bottom of a 8x8 inch/20x20cm baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl over bain-marie, stirring occasionally until smooth. Add espresso powder. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water and stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan.
3. Incorporate the eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and stir well. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
5. Let the brownies cool completely, then carefully lift the parchment out of the baking pan. Cut into squares and serve!!!!