Sunday, April 2, 2017
PANDAN PANCAKE with
GULA MELAKA SYRUP
rujukan : bakewithpaws.com
Pandan Pancake :
120 gm all-purpose flour
1 tsp double-action baking powder OR baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 large egg yolks
100 ml fresh milk OR coconut milk
3 tbsp of concentrated pandan extract (jus pandan)
3 large egg whites
2 tsp caster sugar (you may add more if you like it sweeter)
Gula Melaka Syrup :
80 gm gula melaka
100 ml water
2 pandan leaves - tie into a knot
1. Pandan Pancake : Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Separate egg white and egg yolks. In a mixing bowl, add egg yolk, milk and pandan extract. Mix until all combined. Then fold in the flour mixture and mix to a smooth thick batter.
3. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks.
4. Fold in the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until all incorporated. Pour the batter into a jar.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat. Make sure the pan is not too hot. Pour the batter 1/4 cup (using measuring cup) into the pan and cook for couple of minutes. When small bubbles begin to appear, flip it over and cook for additional couple of minutes.
6. Transfer pancake to a serving plate and continue until all the batter finished.
7. Gula Melaka Syrup : Combine gula melaka, pandan leaves and water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Keep on stirring until all the sugar has dissolved and reduce slightly. Remove from heat, strain and discard the pandan leaves. Keep aside to cool. The syrup will thicken as it cools...